gpsd-users

Re: Satellites show up multiple times

From: Andreas B
Subject: Re: Satellites show up multiple times
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 09:38:37 +0200

Hi Gary,

Thank you for your answer.

Andreas

On Tue, Aug 4, 2020 at 6:53 PM Gary E. Miller <gem@rellim.com> wrote:

> Yo Andreas!
>
> On Tue, 4 Aug 2020 12:04:20 +0200
> Andreas B <panden@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm using a ublox ZED-F9P with default settings, which works great.
>
> But, as you see, still a long way to go.
>
> > Some satellites have two entries in the seen/used list in cgps.
>
> That is a new "feature".  There are no duplicates, each is a separate
> satellite and frequency (L1, L2, E5, etc.) combination.
>
> Yes, the presentation needs a lot of work, patches welcome. cgps ran
> out of screen space for new items a while ago.  Almost 200 signals can
> be tracked by an F9P, how to display all that?  Some new concepts are
> needed.

Yes, it's alot. Is there an easy way of making cgps show more than 21
sats? I would like to see a complete list (e.g. cgps style) of the
sats seen/used. I peeked into the code and tried to fiddle with it to
simply increase the frame height, allowing more vertical space, but I
was unable to make any changes that worked.