gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] using RTK network connections to improve accuracy

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] using RTK network connections to improve accuracy
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2019 11:48:10 -0800

Yo Christopher!

On Sun, 17 Feb 2019 16:42:10 -0600
Christopher Story <address@hidden> wrote:

> can someone point me to the proper documentation to integrate a
> network based RTK data network connection with gpsd?

This depends a lot on the type of RTK source you use, your GPS model,
and the accuracy you expect.

If you are using NTRIP, and your GPS supports ntrip, then all you need
is to add the ntrip source to gpsd as explained on the man page.

> any limitations?

Depends.

> specifics that need to be watched for?

Look out for whether it actualy helps you.  In almost all cases you
will not notice an improivement.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588