gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Coding Question

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Coding Question
Date: Tue, 5 Feb 2019 15:18:34 -0800

Yo Roland!

On Tue, 5 Feb 2019 15:11:38 -0800
Roland Oswald <address@hidden> wrote:

> I was told that the RTCM is NTRIP form.

I assume you mean the RTCM is NTRIP encapsulated.  Just be careful
of the very many different ways that can be done. There is RTCM, RTCM2,
RTCM3.  RTCM3 is what you want, but it has dozens of message types, a
few are what you want.

Since you are not big on RTCM, wander across campus and talk to them
about their feed.

> I cannot get the configuration to save in u-center, so it looks like
> I'll have to use ubxtool.

Assuming what you want can be saved at all.  Not all u-blox can
save config.  This bytes many people.

>  I googled the problem about saving the
> configuration and all the solution I found did not work for me.  So,
> what could I try on ubxtool?

RTFM.

Then brush up on some Python skills, ubxtool will need a bit of
tweaking.

> Is that where the u-blox binary comes in?

If you are using a u-blox, then you are using u-blox binary.  The
other option, NMEA, does you no good.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588