gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GL* strings and gpspipe

From: John Klug
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GL* strings and gpspipe
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2019 22:33:32 +0000

We want to use the u-blox gpsd driver so our patch for leap second will work.

So if gpspipe is to put out NMEA strings (or maybe both u-blox and nmea),
should we use gpsctl to configure the u-blox for both u-blox and nmea combined?
 I believe it is possible for it to write both.  Then we could use gpspipe -r,
and get both?  Or would that cause gpsd to fail, or would gpsd clear out the
settings by gpsctl to use both NMEA and u-blox proprietary?

John Klug
Senior Software Engineer