gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] About date and time validity

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] About date and time validity
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 11:42:13 -0800

Yo Massimiliano!

On Fri, 14 Dec 2018 16:33:16 +0100
Massimiliano Fago <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have checkout the git head of gpsd and ntpsec. I have build with no
> problem (I think) .

Cool.

> Only when I run ntpviz I have this problem:
>
> address@hidden:/home/pi# ntpviz
> ntpviz: WARNING: liberation truetype fonts not found

That one is easy, just install the liberation truetype fonts.

> ntpviz: WARNING: no loopstats to graph

First you need some stats to graph!  You forgot to put these lines in
your /etc/ntp.conf:

    statsdir /var/log/ntpstats/

    statistics loopstats peerstats clockstats sysstats
    filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable
    filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable
    filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable
    filegen sysstats file sysstats type day enable

> ntpviz: WARNING: no temps to graph

Also easy, you forgot to run ntplogtemp.  So you have not temperatures to
graph.

> (I think that there are no data because I have not a gps connected
> now), but I try to solve it this week end.

Nope.  None of those are GPS related, they are all ntpd related.

> Do you have any tip for me?

See above.

RGDS
GARY