gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd issues on Ubuntu 18.04

From: Andrew McKay
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] gpsd issues on Ubuntu 18.04
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 16:28:16 -0500

Hi Gary!

On Wed, Oct 31, 2018 at 4:10 PM Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Andrew!

On Wed, 31 Oct 2018 16:00:58 -0500
Andrew McKay <address@hidden> wrote:

> > We are not an Ubuntu support list.  Are you using the gpsd from the
> > gpsd release tar balls?  If not, what are you using.
> >

> It's the standard version that came with a default Ubuntu 18.04
> install.

Since I do not use Ubuntu I do not know what that means.  Last I heard
it was a several year old version.

Understood, and since that's the case I'll probably uninstall it and manually install
the latest version of gpsd.

> To be fair when
> I removed
> gpsd from being started by systemd and ran it manually all seemed to
> be working fine.  So it doesn't appear to specifically be a gpsd
> issue.

Good.  We can't really support any of Ubuntu's systemd issues.  I hope
you just updated, systemd just had a new remote exploit published...

So gpsd running as you expect now?

Yes sir! I had a brain fart on who is responsible for the start-up scripts.   That would
be the from the distro it installed with.  Sorry for the confusion on my part.  Regardless
I appreciate the response and redirection.

Andrew