gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Create an SVG skyview image from JSON data

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Create an SVG skyview image from JSON data
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2018 11:56:52 -0700

Yo Niccolo!

On Sat, 13 Oct 2018 10:08:27 +0200
Niccolo Rigacci <address@hidden> wrote:

> I attach this new version, hoping it can be useful.

Looking pretty good.  One last issue.  On one host the SVG is 750x1125,
on another 1000x1500.  That seems excessive.  I'm sure most people do
not have screens larger that 1920×1080.  If that typical person is
viewing this SVG in a browser then you also have to leave room for the
surrounding stuff the browser adds.

I would guess the SVG should not be more than 800 tall by default.  Then
I could see it all in my typical browser window.  If you are in love with
the big size, then make the size optional.

And a nit.  I think a better usage example is:

$ gpspipe -w | skyview2svg > skyview.svg

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588