gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] 'scons check' installs files, fails on pyserial

From: Frank Nicholas
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] 'scons check' installs files, fails on pyserial
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2018 20:18:24 -0400

On Oct 11, 2018, at 8:12 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

Yo Frank!

On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 20:02:11 -0400
Frank Nicholas <address@hidden> wrote:

On Oct 11, 2018, at 7:25 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:

Looking at this bag of issues more closely, I do see another problem
that needs solving.  The latest Gentoo profile (17.1) puts 64 bit
binaries in /usr/local/lib64, not in /usr/local/lib.

That means the hardcoded SConstruct libdir is often wrong.

17.1 is not widely used, yet, but eventually people will expect
compliance.  No EOL from Gentoo on lib yet.  The Gentoo folks claim
other distros are doing similar.

I think it *depends* on whether your Gentoo installation is multi-lib
or not.

And more.

That’s been my experience.  I think all of my systems are no
longer multi-lib.  I may have an older VM that is still multi-lib...

Are you on profile 17.1 yet?  17.1 is when they got serious:

   https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:AMD64/Multilib_layout

Thanks for the link - something to look forward too…

On the two systems I have quick access to, they are on 17.0, since March, 2018.

Thanks,
Frank Nicholas
+1 812 764 6494