gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection re

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Unable to init server: Could not connect: Connection refused
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 12:31:49 -0700

Yo Charles!

On Sat, 6 Oct 2018 12:58:32 -0600
Charles Curley <address@hidden> wrote:

> I don't know what "the server" is, but I am guessing it is gpsd, and I
> assume it is the just compiled version in the build directory. I
> checked to be sure there are no other versions of gpsd running.

Very odd.  I've not seen such a thing.  Running the clients with -V
is not supposed to do anything but import the modules, print version
and exit.

Can you please run "strace -o tmp scons check" and see what it
happening?

> I can run all three programs stand-alone without gpsd running:

As expected.  But when you look at the strace you'll see things
are tnot working as you think they are.

> But when I run the version installed by "scons check":
> address@hidden:/media/offsite/myob/systems# xgps -V
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/bin/xgps", line 55, in <module>
>     if gps.__version__ != gps_version:

That shows your sytem has old and new new python modules installed.

'scons check' is supposed to be using the new, yet to be installed
modules, not the system modules.  strace should help track this down.

> That may help you track down where "scons check" is installing those
> programs.

As I showed in my previous email, scons check is NOT installing, it
fails at unlinking!  Look at the strace output.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588