gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Create an SVG skyview image from JSON data

From: Niccolo Rigacci
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Create an SVG skyview image from JSON data
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2018 18:33:48 +0200

On Tue, Oct 02, 2018 at 12:25:28PM -0700, Gary E. Miller wrote:

> I have trouble with your sample output, I could not get it to
> render.

It should be fixed now.

> All gpsd code passes pycodestyle (PEP8 checks), but yours has
> 68 issues:

I fixed all the issues, except for the "E501 line too long". Now
I get:

pycodestyle --ignore=E501 skyview2svg  | wc -l
0

How do you suggest to handle such long lines? They are infact
long strings making the SVG template. I tried to break them in
several Pythonic ways, but I think the readibility will be worse.

I fixed also some pylint issues, but it barks to me because I put
the program logic directly into the script body. Do you have some
hints? I wish to mantain it as a very simple script, which
everyone with modest programming knowledge can customize.

Thank you very much for your time.

--
Niccolo Rigacci - http://www.rigacci.net/
Campi Bisenzio - Firenze - Italy