gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] SHM number changing on reconnect

From: Zach LaCelle
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] SHM number changing on reconnect
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 16:22:20 -0400

Hi Gary/Paul,

Apologies, I forgot to include environment info. I'm in Ubuntu 16.04, kernel 4.15.0-34-generic, with gpsd from the PPAs (3.15-2build1 is the version listed).

It looks like this happens in the following case:
* Boot with GPS receiver attached via USB
* Remove GPS receiver
* Re-attach GPS receiver
Result: SHM2 is the new place gpsd published

Note that when I booted without it plugged in, the problem does not occur: SHM0 remains the one used by gpsd.

I will try restarting gpsd on re-plug of device to see what happens; unfortunately it's raining here now so no dice today.

-Zach