gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD -G Option Doesn't Always Work

From: B.W. Guffey
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] GPSD -G Option Doesn't Always Work
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 06:07:11 -0400

That's essentially what I concluded...  It's not used enough by others
for them to understand what I was attempting to achieve, and I'm not
programmer enough to fix it myself.

I did notice, however, that the client gpsd would fail immediately upon
connection attempt - not the server gpsd.   I was still able to telnet
to the 2947 port after a failed connection attemt.

I wrote about it here so the error messages are somewhere in the list
archive along with the code that I think is to blame.