gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Problem running on CentOS 7

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Problem running on CentOS 7
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 11:32:05 -0700

Yo Atul!

On Tue, 11 Apr 2017 04:59:35 +0000
"Vaish, Atul" <address@hidden> wrote:

>  starting  using my intel id  where I work and  porting this  gpsd
> task is one of my assignments.

Cool.  Any reason you are not using git head?  We have been remiss
in not getting 3.17 out the door and there are many improvement in
git head.

> Above  looks to be from the build gpsd that I built using scons
> command line .

Yup.

> The output from gpsmon and cgps in above case , are in attached JPEG
> files (still I see "NO FIX" after 10-15 mins,  am I missing
> something  here?)

Must be, as it works for others.  15 mins is not long enough for a
GPS that has been off or has been moved any distance.  Do not even
bother looking at results for less than 30 mins after power on and first
sat seen.  It can take 30 mins to download the almanac and ephmeris,
especially for older GPS like the Garmin's.

Also, is the GPS outside with a good sky view?  The Garmin does not work
indoors.

> Hope that should be fine as copy-paste the
> terminal output wasn't the option here for me.

Actually, the screen shots better than your cut/paste, which got mangled
by being included in your email.  Best to ake them attachments.

> On Android Porting ==>
> Have enabled CONFIG_USB_SERIAL_GARMIN=y in kernel to make it Garmin
> specific kernel driver, is this enough  ? or  there is more to
> customization as u mentioned ?

That should be enough.  Look at at dmesg when you boot with the Garmin USB
attached, it should show the device sdetected and use.

You'll also have to figure out how to keep the kernel from going to
sleep.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588