gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Problem running on CentOS 7

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Problem running on CentOS 7
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2017 10:51:10 -0700

Yo Atul!

On Mon, 10 Apr 2017 09:00:28 +0530
Atul Vaish <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Gem
> I have downloaded gpsd sources from
> http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/gpsd/ .
> Did the build using below command as mentioned in
>  gpsd-release-3.16.tar\gpsd-release-3.16\build.txt
>
> scons && scons check && sudo scons udev-install
>
> have attached the snapshot (for gpsmon and cgps both) when I run
> gpsd , gpsmon and cgps .

OK, sort of.

Pretty hard for anyone to cut past from an image to show you where the
problems are.  Next time simple text cut and paste please.

Your results make no sense, your cgps does not match your gpsmon.  They
could not possible be from the same running gpsd near the same time.

I'm guessing you ran gpsmon when gpsd is not running.  All that tells
me is your Garmin US is up and running with a proper driver, but tells
me nothing about your gpsd.

And what I also asked for, the most important thing I asked for, is the
log of your build.

Also useful is to print the versions after your install, like this:

# gpsd -V
gpsd: 3.17~dev (revision release-3.16-564-g3798287)

# gpsmon -V
gpsmon: 3.17~dev (revision release-3.16-564-g3798287)

# cgps -V
cgps: 3.17~dev (revision release-3.16-564-g3798287)

> what I intend :
> Port GPSD on Android to have USB Garmin work with providing locations
> info

That will not happen easily.  Garmin USB requires a Garmin specific
kernel driver.  So to get this to work on Android you need to compile
a custom kernel.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588