gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Create fakegpsd input from coordinates

From: tom schuring
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Create fakegpsd input from coordinates
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2017 18:24:48 +1100

From http://www.catb.org/gpsd/gpsfake.html

The logfiles may contain packets in any supported format, including in particular NMEA, SiRF, TSIP, or Zodiac. Leading lines beginning with # will be treated as comments and ignored, except in the following ......

So I would Google for "generate nmea file"

And try a few of the simulators that come up in the result.

Or dive into the nmea spec and hand generate them.

Perhaps someone else has a quicker way.