gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Scons Dist

From: Lee Armstrong
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Scons Dist
Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2017 08:37:06 +0000

Thanks Jon,

I’m building on a system with limited resources so adding xmlto adds around 1300MB!

What I am trying to do is compile on this system and then take to identical systems around.  Is this even the right way to achieve that?

Running scons | grep man produces only…

Checking that xsltproc can make man pages… (cached) no

Running the tarsal version produces…

scons: Reading SConscript files ...

Checking if compiler accepts -pthread... (cached) no

Checking whether the C++ compiler works... (cached) no

C++ doesn't work, suppressing libgpsmm build.

Checking pkg-config for ncurses... (cached) no

Checking pkg-config for libusb-1.0... (cached) no

Checking for C library librt... (cached) no

Checking pkg-config for dbus-1... (cached) no

Turning off dbus-export support, library not found.

Checking for C type in_port_t... (cached) no

Did not find in_port_t typedef, assuming unsigned short int

Checking whether SUN_LEN is declared... (cached) no

Checking whether SUN_LEN is declared... (cached) no

SUN_LEN is not system-defined, using local definition

Checking for C header file linux/can.h... (cached) yes

You have kernel CANbus available.

Checking if compiler is C11... (cached) no

Checking for C header file libkern/OSAtomic.h... (cached) no

No memory barriers - SHM export and time hinting may not be reliable.

Checking if compiler supplies __ORDER_BIG_ENDIAN__... (cached) yes

Checking if compiler supplies __ORDER_LITTLE_ENDIAN__... (cached) yes

Checking if compiler supplies __BYTE_ORDER__... (cached) yes

Your compiler has built-in endianness support.

Checking for C function daemon()... yes

Checking for C function strlcpy()... no

Checking for C function strlcat()... no

Checking for C function clock_gettime()... yes

Checking for C function strptime()... yes

Checking for C function gmtime_r()... yes

Checking for C header file sys/timepps.h... (cached) yes

Checking if sys/ioctl.h supplies TIOCMIWAIT... (cached) yes

Checking that xsltproc can make man pages... (cached) no

Neither xsltproc nor xmlto found, documentation cannot be built.

Checking pkg-config for QtNetwork... (cached) no

Turning off Qt support, library not found.

Checking if compiler accepts -Wextra... (cached) no

Checking if compiler accepts -Wall... (cached) no

Checking if compiler accepts -Wno-uninitialized... (cached) no

Checking if compiler accepts -Wno-missing-field-initializers... (cached) no

Checking if compiler accepts -Wcast-align... (cached) no

Checking if compiler accepts -Wmissing-declarations... (cached) no

Checking if compiler accepts -Wmissing-prototypes... (cached) no

Checking if compiler accepts -Wstrict-prototypes... (cached) no

Checking if compiler accepts -Wpointer-arith... (cached) no

Checking if compiler accepts -Wreturn-type... (cached) yes

Obtaining Python exe path... /usr/bin/python

Obtaining Python lib dir... /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages

Obtaining Python config vars... ok

Altered configuration variables:

ashtech = False (default True): Ashtech support

earthmate = False (default True): DeLorme EarthMate Zodiac support

evermore = False (default True): EverMore binary support

fv18 = False (default True): San Jose Navigation FV-18 support

garmin = False (default True): Garmin kernel driver support

garmintxt = False (default True): Garmin Simple Text support

geostar = False (default True): Geostar Protocol support

itrax = False (default True): iTrax hardware support

mtk3301 = False (default True): MTK-3301 support

navcom = False (default True): Navcom NCT support

(default True): Motorola OnCore chipset support

superstar2 = False (default True): Novatel SuperStarII chipset support

tnt = False (default True): True North Technologies support

tripmate = False (default True): DeLorme TripMate support

fury = False (default True): Jackson Labs Fury and Firefly support

aivdm = False (default True): AIVDM support

gpsclock = False (default True): GPSClock support

ntrip = False (default True): NTRIP support

oceanserver = False (default True): OceanServer support

isync = False (default True): Spectratime iSync LNRClok/GRCLOK support

rtcm104v2 = False (default True): rtcm104v2 support

rtcm104v3 = False (default True): rtcm104v3 support

passthrough = False (default True): build support for passing through JSON

pps = False (default True): PPS time syncing support

dbus_export = False (default True): enable DBUS export support

bluez = False (default True): BlueZ support for Bluetooth devices

libgpsmm = False (default True): build C++ bindings

qt = False (default True): build QT bindings

RTCM2 regression tests suppressed because rtcm104v2 is off.

AIVDM regression tests suppressed because aivdm is off.

Part of the website build requires asciidoc, not installed.

scons: done reading SConscript files.

scons: Building targets ...

scons: *** Do not know how to make File target `tarball' (/root/gpsd/tarball).  Stop.

Looks like you may not have all the necessary tools installed to build manpages.

can you check to see what the following shows? on my current system I
don't have xsltproc for manpage building and gpsctl.1 is a man page
file.  Not optimal failure mode but if you install the necessary
manpage building tools it should work.

$ scons | grep man
Checking that xsltproc can make man pages... (cached) no
Neither xsltproc nor xmlto found, documentation cannot be built.

$ scons tarball
Checking if sys/ioctl.h supplies TIOCMIWAIT ...(cached) yes
Checking that xsltproc can make man pages... (cached) no
Neither xsltproc nor xmlto found, documentation cannot be built.
scons: *** [tarball] Source `gpsctl.1' not found, needed by target `tarball'.

After installing xmlto on my ubuntu box

$    sudo apt-get install xmlto

$ scons | grep man
Checking that xsltproc can make man pages... (cached) no
xmlto man gpsctl.xml || mv `basename gpsctl.1` `dirname gpsctl.1`
Note: Writing gpsctl.1

Give that a try and let me know if you still have issues.

if you still are having issues try joining us on freenode IRC channel #gpsd

Give me a direct ping yazug or jschlueter to get my attention if I'm
at my computer on the gpsd channel.

Jon Schlueter