gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] No TPV messages after loss of fix

From: john smith
Subject: [gpsd-users] No TPV messages after loss of fix
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 12:46:34 -0500

Hi,

I am currently experiencing unexpected behavior in gpsd using an Ada Fruit Ultimate GPS Breakout over USB.

Steps:

- Cold boot the GPS indoors with no sky view

- Connect a netcat client to gpsd

- execute ?WATCH={"enable": true, "json": true}

Result:

- Receive TPV JSON messages with a mode of 1 (no fix).

Steps:

- Walk outside and allow GPS to acquire fix

- Return indoors with no sky view

Result:

- While GPS has fix, receive TPV JSON messages with mode 3 and TPV data populated

- When GPS fix is lost, stop receiving all TPV JSON messages

Expected Result:

- Once GPS fix is lost, I expect to start receiving TPV JSON messages again with mode of 1

My program needs to determine when the GPS has a lost a fix.  I planned on using the TPV messages and the mode to determine this.  Am I going about this the correct way?  I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Drew