gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Segmentation fault on Qualcomm MDM9615

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Segmentation fault on Qualcomm MDM9615
Date: Thu, 1 Sep 2016 12:12:52 -0700

Yo Jordi!

On Wed, 31 Aug 2016 11:20:12 +0200 (CEST)
Jordi Augé <address@hidden> wrote:

> I am trying to use gpsd on a Qualcomm MDM9615 device, which is an
> Embedded ARM device, with an embedded modem and GPS, and running
> Linux.

Have you tried to compile from git head?  That tells us if the
bug is still there, and would allow us to try fixes.

What speed is you GPS serial port running at?  I never saw any
speed syncing in your debug output.

I looks to me like the serial port buffer is getting very backed up.

Each one of these the buffer keeps growing:

gpsd:UNK: Packet discard of 26, chars remaining is 25...
gpsd:UNK: Packet discard of 25, chars remaining is 102...
gpsd:UNK: Packet discard of 30, chars remaining is 225...
gpsd:UNK: Packet discard of 26, chars remaining is 352...
gpsd:UNK: Packet discard of 21, chars remaining is 484...
gpsd:UNK: Packet discard of 25, chars remaining is 612...
gpsd:UNK: Packet discard of 26, chars remaining is 739...
gpsd:UNK: Packet discard of 25, chars remaining is 867...
gpsd:UNK: Packet discard of 30, chars remaining is 990...

Unless you GPS is outputing data insanely fast, that should not happen.

So I'm thinking maybe an error caused by your build environment.

What is your build environment?  Host, CPU, OS, c compiler, c library, etc.

I'll also take a look at how gpsd handles buuffer full.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588