gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?

From: Frank Nicholas
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Is GPSD receiving PPS?
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2016 18:52:08 -0500

Hello Bo,

Your Raspberry Pi distribution may be the latest Raspian available, but it has a pretty old GPSd in the repository and some other pieces are missing that might be included with other Linux distributions.

To make the user compiled GPSd MAN pages available, you should find a config file somewhere in “/etc”, where you can add “/usr/local/man” (where the source installed GPSd MAN pages are located) to the man pages system.  I’m not sure where it is on Rasbian Jessie…

On Gentoo, it’s located at “/etc/man_db.conf”, and looks something like this:
MANPATH_MAP /bin /usr/share/man
MANPATH_MAP /usr/bin /usr/share/man
MANPATH_MAP /sbin /usr/share/man
MANPATH_MAP /usr/sbin /usr/share/man
MANPATH_MAP /usr/local/bin /usr/local/man
MANPATH_MAP /usr/local/bin /usr/local/share/man
MANPATH_MAP /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/man
MANPATH_MAP /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/share/man

Thanks,
Frank