gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] Issue with Rasbian Jessie

From: David J Taylor
Subject: [gpsd-users] Issue with Rasbian Jessie
Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2016 17:08:16 -0000

I have used GPSD on quite a large number of Raspberry Pi cards, without issue, under Raspbian Wheezy. However, on a new RPi 2, the following happens:

- reboot
- gpsd service does/not/ start
- run cgps and exit
- gosd service is started

It's just as if the "-n" parameter is being ignored. Suggestions, please as to how I might continue trouble-shooting this. The dkpg-reconfigure utility has been dropped, however, in/etc/default/gpsd I have:

START_DAEMON="true"
GPSD_OPTIONS="-n  /dev/ttyAMA0"
DEVICES=""
USBAUTO="false"
GPSD_SOCKET="/var/run/gpsd.sock"

I've also tried:

START_DAEMON="true"
GPSD_OPTIONS="-n"
DEVICES="/dev/ttyAMA0"
USBAUTO="false"
GPSD_SOCKET="/var/run/gpsd.sock"

By the way, there are even more complications with the Raspberry Pi 3, which has broken the serial port on pins 14/15, but that's for another day!

Thanks!
David
Web: http://www.satsignal.eu
Email: address@hidden