gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] cgps not reporting tracked satellites

From: Alex Olihovik
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] cgps not reporting tracked satellites
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 16:06:00 -0500

My GPS is a Jackson Labs Firefly-1A and my gpsd version is 3.9.

I can configure the gps to output GPRMC, GPGGA, and a modified GPGGA message every second, but none of these have all the satellite info.

There's a command SYST:STAT? that I can issue to the gps to get the satellite info, but the gps only outputs this info when queried and can't be configured to output it in regular intervals.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 3:38 PM, Gary E. Miller <address@hidden> wrote:
Yo Alex!

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016 14:58:56 -0500
Alex Olihovik <address@hidden> wrote:

> When running cgps, all fields for tracked satellites (PRN, Elev,
> Azim, SNR, Used) are blank. I know by querying my gps without using
> any gpsd interface that there are 12 tracked satellites.

Many GPS do not output sat view by default, or it may have been turned
off on your GPS.  Some of the gpsd drivers turn on sat view, some do
not.  We would need your gpsd version and GPS model to say mmore.

Two things you can try.  One, turn on gpsd debug to see if your GPS is
emitting sat view info that it understands.  Two, force your GPS to
output sat view data before starting gpsd.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1 541 382 8588

--