gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Build broken for non-QT

From: Greg Troxel
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Build broken for non-QT
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 10:55:35 -0500

"Eric S. Raymond" <address@hidden> writes:

> Greg Troxel <address@hidden>:
>> If the problem is that FreeBSD fails to define timegm as required by
>> POSIX, then there should be a FreeBSD-specific workaround.
>
> timegm(3) is not POSIX. It *should* be - but it's a GNU library extension.
> I was trying to get rid of it so the code ciuld be built with (for
> example) uClibc.

Sorry, I got the wrong name.  It turns out timegm is in NetBSD, too, but
if it's not posix there will be places without it.

One approach would be to use timegm if available (via configure-time
check) and if not try to use timezone, and have a FreeBSD-specific if to
either define timezone or enabled the _BSD_VISIBLE header macro to
expose it.