gpsd-users

[gpsd-users] 3.6 has shipped

From: Eric S. Raymond
Subject: [gpsd-users] 3.6 has shipped
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 02:32:02 -0400 (EDT)

The news:

  It's the Fernando Poo Day release.  Code has zero detectible defects
  under Coverity scanning and cppcheck 1.52; this is mainly a cleanup
  release to get those minor fixes into the field.  If a leap-second
  warning is available from GPS subframe information it is passed to
  ntpd. NMEA2000 is now supported via the Linux kernel CAN interface.
  There's a chrpath=no config option for distribution makers, so
  chrpath is no longer a build dependency; see build.txt for
  explanation.

Another major motivation for this release was to get a stable release out
in time for the Debian wheezy and CeroWrt code freezes. That has been
achieved.

Objectives for 3.7:

* NMEA2000 needs some work and cleanup - presently there's an unhappy
  interaction with the PPS code when CAN is active.

* We've actually got a dev who's doing field testing with the AIS code.
  We're expecting to add support for some UK and Republic of Ireland
  local message types, significant as there's a lot of maritime
  activity around those islands.

* Get the website fully moved to Savannah.  The holdup here is that I
  want to script their horrifying CVS-based web-update process rather
  than doing it by hand even once, and I haven't shaken loose the time
  to do that yet.

I do not find in orthodox Christianity one redeeming feature.
        -- Thomas Jefferson