gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Need help synchronizing ntpd with gpsd

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Need help synchronizing ntpd with gpsd
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 21:09:13 -0700

Yo Dhiraj!

Please keep the gpsd-users list in the Cc:  I'm not on call 24x7 and
other can benefit from the conversation.  BTW, have you checked the list
archive already?

On Fri, 18 May 2012 18:05:08 +0600
Dhiraj Khanna <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. Haven't run cgps but have seen the GPS output
> through gpsmon. Seems to be working fine. If I go to debug level 5,
> (D5), I can see the gps NMEA sentences too, but ntpd continues to
> remain as elusive as ever!! Been a few hours now.

If you are seeing a GPS lock then NTP should be fine.  To get some good debug
data start gpsd this way:

        gpsd -nND 6 /dev/ttyS0 2>&1 | egrep 'PPS|NTP'

Also send along a copy of your ntp.conf and your version of gpsd.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588