gpsd-users

Re: [gpsd-users] Error while compiling NAN undeclared in gpsdclient.c

From: Gary E. Miller
Subject: Re: [gpsd-users] Error while compiling NAN undeclared in gpsdclient.c
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 14:31:42 -0700

Yo Bas!

On Tue, 01 May 2012 23:07:13 +0200
Bas van Duijnhoven <address@hidden> wrote:

> Just a short answer (i'm on my way to bed :)).
> your tip worked excellent:
> Every file that uses nan.h gives a warning that it is using case 1:
>
> ================================
> #if __GNUC_PREREQ(3,3)
>
> # define NAN    (__builtin_nanf (""))
> #warning "case 1"
> ================================

Interesting.

> I'm no C-expert but it seems to me that NAN is defined by a builtin
> function __builtin_nanf("")
> I checked the GCC documentation on this function:
> http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc-4.2.3/gcc/Other-Builtins.html
> This function is also supported in the ARM GCC compiler:
> http://infocenter.arm.com/help/index.jsp?topic=/com.arm.doc.dui0491c/BABICCBA.html

Looks like it shuold work.  You might try to force case 2, which be just
as good, just to see if you can get a good compile out of it.

Your next step might be to ask in the ARM work about this.

> Next i checked the version of GCC:
> gcc -v

Looks good to me.  You must have the as and ld somehere since you can build
binaries.

RGDS
GARY
        address@hidden  Tel:+1(541)382-8588