gnuzilla-dev

Re: Extensions cannot be removed and explanation is broken link

From: Clément Lassieur
Subject: Re: Extensions cannot be removed and explanation is broken link
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2023 16:39:16 +0100

Hi!

On Fri, Dec 22 2023, Antonio T. sagitter wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> Even though i agree to interdict removing IceCat's built-in addons to the
> users, we need at least to explain why.

Indeed, it's not obvious to me why Icecat is shipped with:
- discontinued HTTPS Everywhere (security issue)
- some USPS related extension (not updated for years) (is having an
extension for each site that LibreJS breaks a good idea?)
- some libgen.me related extension (libgen.me is down)
- etc.

Still no reply on
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/gnuzilla-dev/2023-11/msg00001.html.

Clément