gnuzilla-dev

Re: Can I do a pull request on icecat for version 115?

From: bill-auger
Subject: Re: Can I do a pull request on icecat for version 115?
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2023 10:36:26 -0400

On Thu, 21 Sep 2023 16:05:50 +0200 chippy wrote:
> For the testing, I usually avoid things like big search engines or
> social networks, so I wouldn't know if something is not working on
> those, same for things with websites that require DRM like netflix or
> similar services.

i have something of a routine - first, i check to see that the video on the
gnu.org homepage plays (basic libre HTML audio/video) - then i check to see that
jitsi-meet works (webrtc) - then i check to see that "firefox sync" and it's
login work (that is probably still broken or intentionally disabled with
icecat, not sure which) - we do not package the language packs anymore; but i
used to check that at least one language works also - i do not bother to check
DRM - that is disabled at compile time - DRM is not going to work unless
--disable-eme is removed from the build config (or mozilla pull a sneaky
switch-a-roo on the option name - not likely - it has not changed in a decade)
- also, i do not know of any gratis websites that use DRM anymore - it seems to
have fallen out of use, except for premium sites - do you know of any?