gnuzilla-dev

Which extensions should be present after building Icecat from source?

From: chippy
Subject: Which extensions should be present after building Icecat from source?
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2023 12:16:55 +0200

Hi, I think I'm at a good point with the changes needed to build 115.
The browser works well and it's not connecting to anything unwanted.
Unfortunately, once I build the browser and try it, I cannot find other
extensions than USPS Compatibility extension.

I wanted to ask:

What extensions are expected to be present when you normally build
Icecat 102?

I'm asking because on my 102.15 only see LibreJS and USPS
Compatibility, but according to the extensions present in the data dir
I should have more.

How is it for you guys? Do you find them all?
Or instead, maybe,  this behavior is expected and then afterward you
install LibreJS by hand so it goes to the profile folder and it stays
on each update?
This way I could say that it's done for 115.

Also I'm trying to follow what happens to the extensions from
makeicecat onward, but I did not find the code that makes the zipped
xpi archives, and yet I can see them in
/usr/local/lib/icecat/browser/extensions but not in the brower.
Same for 102, they are there but not present in the browser.

I suspect that new manifest requirements are preventing extension from
being picked up

On both 102 and 115 I see:
ls /usr/local/lib/icecat/browser/extensions/
{b7f9d2cd-d772-4302-8c3f-eb941af36f76}.xpi
FreeUSPS@0xbeef.coffee.xpi
gnuzilla-ext-workarounds@gnu.org.xpi
https-everywhere@eff.org.xpi
jid1-KtlZuoiikVfFew@jetpack.xpi
jsr@javascriptrestrictor.xpi
libgen.merepack@librifyjs.xpi
SubmitMe@0xbeef.coffee.xpi
tprb.addon@searxes.danwin1210.me.xpi

So I tried to install one of these from file, using one of those and I
get the following message:
"This addon could not be installed because it appears to be corrupt."

So now I strongly suspect that these haven't been updated in a while
and now their manifest is missing some required key..?

Can someone confirm/disprove this?

Thanks in advance,
Chippy