Re: Disappointed by GNUstep

From: Sergei Golovin
Subject: Re: Disappointed by GNUstep
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2022 07:16:44 +0400

On 2022-02-08 02:49:26 +0400 Wolfgang Lux <wolfgang.lux@gmail.com> wrote:

The attached patch changes the -[dealloc] to do the code chunk equivalent to -[setMenu:nil]
avoiding that -[NSPopUpButtonCell synchronizeTitleAndSelectedItem]
and following.

didn't have time to look at your second message earlier.
I like the idea of avoiding the call to setMenu: altogether. That said, there is a little problem with your patch: It lets the menu leak. There
should be a DESTROY(_menu) or RELEASE(_menu) statement after removing
the observer.

_menu is owned by a superclass and released there. See -[NSCell dealloc].

And I would remove the setMenuView: call.

Agree.

--
SG

<gtam_segfault_on_quit_bug.patch>