minimum compiler requirements - fast enumeration

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: minimum compiler requirements - fast enumeration
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2022 09:40:40 +0000

A few years ago we declared gcc-4.0 as our minimum supported compiler version.
Does anyone know if gcc-4.0 support for fast enumeration actually works?
If it does, it would be good to start using fast enumeration internally (in
gnustep-base for instance).
I'd like to do that as it gives us not only more readable/maintainable code,
but also faster code in almost all cases.