Re: [GNUe] Problems with GNUe under Vista 64

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Problems with GNUe under Vista 64
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 23:17:11 +0100

Hi, Duane,

Am Montag, den 18.01.2010, 12:27 -0500 schrieb Duane Kaufman:
> I installed the Windows binaries (Question: is this the _only_
> sanctioned way to install this, or can I install source, if I meet the
> dependencies?)

You can of course install source. You can look at
gnue-common/packaging/win32/README.runtime for a list of dependencies,
where of course you won't need all of them, depending on the components
of GNUe you'll use and the database backend.

Having said that, installing the binaries is much easier.

> I have installed:
> gnue-common-0.6.9.win32-py2.5.exe
> gnue-forms-0.6.3.win32-py2.5.exe
> gnue-runtime-environment-2009.10.31.win32-py2.5.exe

This should be ok. However, you'll need a form definition.

GNUe Forms is a flexible user interface generator: how the user
interface should look like and how it should link to a database is
defined in an XML file usually called something.gfd.

Since you've already managed to download svn, you might want to look at
the gnue-sample directory.

I guess it would be a good idea to include a complete prebuilt example
in gnue-forms. I'll consider that for the next releases.

Thanks,
Reinhard