Re: [GNUe] Problems with GNUe under Vista 64

From: Duane Kaufman
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Problems with GNUe under Vista 64
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 16:39:23 -0500

Hi,

Quoting Peter Sullivan <address@hidden>:

Duane Kaufman wrote:
Hello,

My name is Duane Kaufman, and I am new to GNUe. I thought I would give it a test drive on a Vista64 machine here at work.

I installed the Windows binaries (Question: is this the _only_ sanctioned way to install this, or can I install source, if I meet the dependencies?)
No, you can install from source if you prefer. As you say, you then
have to resolve the dependencies yourself, and without the aid of a
nice package management system like apt or rpm. But if you want to run
anything other than the most recent release version (e.g. release
candidates or even the nightly snapshots), this is the better way of
doing it. The Windows binaries are there simply as an alternative for
wusses and Windows users (bearing in mind these two groups tend to be
fairly closely co-related -- especially if I'm anything to go by!).

I would have sworn that there was a list of dependencies, along with
links to some of the harder-to-find ones, somewhere on the website. But
of course now I'm looking for it, I can't actually find it...

I have just been able to do a pull from subversion, and I believe I have it all installed, but I continue to get the same error as previous.

The command I am using is (sorry for the long line):
c:\python25\python gnue-forms C:\Users\dkaufman\GNUe\share\gnue\forms\defaults\default.gfd

Am I mis-using gnue-forms?

Thanks,
Duane
--