Re: [GNUe] Cursor keys

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Cursor keys
Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2007 20:00:49 +0100

Hi, all!

As the feedback was very positive, I made the described changes, with
one exception:

Am Montag, den 12.02.2007, 13:24 +0100 schrieb Reinhard Mueller:
> Something that might be easy to intuitively remember might be:
> Alt Cursor up/down - prev/next record

I noticed that Alt Cursor up/down is used in dropdowns to open/close the
list. So I used Alt Cursor left/right instead, which is equally
intuitive IMHO.

> Alt Home/End - first/last record
> Alt Page up/down - prev/next page in tabbed forms
>
> We might even consider to add something like
> Alt Insert - insert record
> Alt Delete - delete record
> Alt Enter - commit
> Alt Backspace - clear form

Furthermore, usual user interfaces can only bind a single key to each
menu item, so to retain compatibility with old keybindings, I added a
file samples/oldkeys.gfd. If you save that file as /etc/gnue/default.gfd
(or wherever your gnue config directory is located), you get the old
function key bindings.

Thanks,
Reinhard