Re: [GNUe] foreign key question

From: Reinhard Mueller
Subject: Re: [GNUe] foreign key question
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 2004 22:22:24 +0200

Am Mon, den 07.06.2004 schrieb address@hidden um 21:27:
> I have an issue where a form record needs to hold the key of an employee
> belonging to a known org, but, as said before, employee records are linked
> to dept records, that are linked to org records. That is, there isn't an
> employee field that directly links to an org record. Is there a way for
> doing that kind of thing without re-structuring data?

Using appserver, you could access the org of an employee as a field
named "dept.org". You could filter by that, sort by that, or display it.
You could even display a field named "dept.org.name", if the org_org
table has a field "name".

However, I'm not sure if you are using appserver with this application.

Thanks,
--
Reinhard Mueller
GNU Enterprise project