[GNUe] python newbie question

From: John Fabiani
Subject: [GNUe] python newbie question
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 23:11:24 -0700

Hi guys,
I know your not the pthyon group but the gnue group. But I intend to use the gnue forms, etc to get my work done. I have just finished two books on Python and have a question or two.

1. I didn't see where either of the books discussed printing. So how does printing occur on a Linux box and a windows box? 2. A little longer: in the books they connected to MySQL and used cursors. But I have postgres on a SUSE 9.0 linux - it uses "pg". It appears that "pg" does not have a cursor method/function - is this right? If it is right - how do I see rows in the results from a query? Next but not least in the book they always had a single sql statement and filled the cursor. But how do you handle the classic invoice header and line items in one cursor. Is it possible to make several cursor/querys and then use the results? But if I have to make two query calls does that mean I need two connections? If not how does the fetchnext() work with only one connection and two querys?

Thanks all
John