Re: [GNUe] Starting the Appserver?

From: Derek Neighbors
Subject: Re: [GNUe] Starting the Appserver?
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 07:50:14 -0700 (MST)

Stefan Elwesthal said:
> Coffe-break, so here I am playing with my GNUE tools.
>
> This is a really silly question, but following Sacha's highly
> interesting guide, I stuck when I try to start up the AppServer, it
> wants me to login I suppose? (sorry for acting dumb, blame it on my
> terrible headache)
>
> This is the message I get:
> B000:     raise Exceptions.LoginError, tmsg
> DB000: gnue.common.datasources.Exceptions.LoginError: Unable to log in
> after 4 attempts. DB000:
> DB000: Error: FATAL:  No pg_hba.conf entry for host 127.0.0.1, user
> gnue, database gnue
>
> This my pg_hba.conf:
> # TYPE  DATABASE    USER        IP-ADDRESS        IP-MASK
> METHOD local   all         all
>   trust
>
> This is my connections.conf part:
> [gnue]
> comment = Datbase AppServer
> provider = pygresql
> host = localhost
> dbname = gnue
>
> [appserver]
> comment = gnue appserver
> provider = appserver
> rpctype = xmlrpc
> host = localhost
> port = 8765
> transport = http
>
> I'm I misunderstanding something terribly easy? I access my gnue
> database through pgsql without problems.

Looks to me on your pg_hba.conf file you dont have 127.0.0.1 listed in the
IP address column.

So you know.  Using psql by default uses unix sockets.  To fully test
things will work for GNUe issue the following command:

psql -U <username> -h <hostname> <databasename>

so for you

psql -U gnue -h 127.0.0.1 gnue

When you can get that to work, you should be golden with GNUe applications
using it. :)

-Derek