[GNUe] Bug busting!

From: Julio Cesar Gazquez
Subject: [GNUe] Bug busting!
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 22:17:17 -0300

I get createResultSet() working. Well, mostly.

It doesn't works properly with Access.

It quotes numerical values in the WHERE clause. PostgreSQL is ok with that,
but Access (and probably other DBMS) doesn't.

It doesn't seem to be an ODBC driver issue, I mean, the number is quoted
regardless I use odbc (for Access) or psycopg driver. And it doesn't work
even with literal numbers.

The problems seems to be as follows:

The condition is created with buildConditionFromDict(), in GConditions (you
did this, so you will understand it better than I do ;-), creating a
condition tree, just as <condition> does.

It calls GCConst() to insert the value. However, it doesn't pass the type, so
it becomes "char" by default, and screws everything up.

I guess replacing in GConditions.py:324 GCConst(eq, dict[key]) GCConst(eq,
dict[key]) with GCConst(eq, dict[key], dict[key].type) should fix it

Do am I right? Again, I have little idea about GNUe and even Python itself, so
I'll just wait for comments.

--
Saludos

Julio César Gázquez