Lurker from Italy coming out of the closet

From: address@hidden
Subject: Lurker from Italy coming out of the closet
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:17:09 +0100

Hello all, I have been following the development of GNUe for about 8 months. My
background used to be IT, but since 1997 it's been ERP project management. I
have led the implementation of one JDE OneWorld system, and are now finishing
up the deployment of an Oracle 11i system.

My functional background is mostly on Procurement, Projects and Logistics
modules.

Yesterday, feb 18, I gave a lecture on GNUe at the University of Milan at
Crema. Professor E. Damiani, who heads the s/w engineering dept there, has
committed some resources to start a local GNUe effort.

Our strategic goal is to come up with working applications that can be supplied
to startup/growing local business by means of ASP. As the University also acts
as technology incubator, this project falls perfectly within their mission of
innovation.

I'm writing to the list with two objectives. First of all, I'm volunteering to
take the SCM modules a little further than the proposal stage. And second, I am
asking for directions. Is there a roadmap of the project available on the site?
I'm asking this to see whether we can fall in the mainstream and still come up
with something tailored for the incubator's needs.

Well, back to lurking and studying docs and KC. TIA to all who will reply

Luca