Re: Security framework issues

From: Jorge . Lehner
Subject: Re: Security framework issues
Date: 12 Nov 2002 12:12:44 -0600

Hello!

I know that this is not an answer to your question, just wanted to point
out, that at UNI/Managua we just realized an implementacion of Role
Based Access Control for the PostgreSQL server, as part of the
SAM-Project.  The tesis by Denis Chavez is written in Spain, but if it
is worthy to use it, there will be some time to translate the important
things.

The small lib, created and used by Denis is downloadable.

http://sam.uni.edu.ni/

El jue, 07-11-2002 a las 07:10, Stanley A. Klein escribió:

> The pickings have been slim.  I found two examples of Role Based Access
> Control (RBAC) in documents from NIST.  One involves medical facilities and
> the other involves banking. In addition, there are some university policies

>From what I understand, MAC would not easily aplicable to the eficiency
requirements of business.

Best Regards,

        Jorge-León