Problem installing Forms and Designer on Debian

From: David Goodenough
Subject: Problem installing Forms and Designer on Debian
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:52:37 +0100

I have a Debian testing system, and I have tried (and so far failed)
to install the Forms and Designer components on my system.  I have installed
the gnue-common package, but I know of no way to test it.

When I installed Forms and Designer I downloaded the tar.gz files, unpacked
them into separate directories, and in each I ran ./setup.py install.  Python
is installed, version 2.1.  It did complain about the gnue directory not
being on the path, but then said I could ignore the warning.

When I start either gnue-designer or gnue-forms I get essentially the
same error messages.  It complains:-

address@hidden:~$ gnue-designer
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/bin/gnue-designer", line 39, in ?
    from  gnue.designer.Designer import *
ImportError: No module named designer.Designer
address@hidden:~$

There is a file /usr/local/gnue/lib/python/gnue/designer/Designer.pyc (and
.py of course), and in the script gnue-designer the path does seem correct
where is does the append to path.

Any help gratefully received.

David