FYI: We didn't get selected for the e-government conference

From: Stanley A. Klein
Subject: FYI: We didn't get selected for the e-government conference
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 10:53:53

This is for those who have been following this on Kernel Cousins.

We didn't get selected to speak or demo at the e-government conference.  I
still think we should submit material for the "conference manual".
However, they are having a Federal, state, and local e-govt conference next
March.  Perhaps we should target that one.

BTW, I have an article that discusses GNUe (among other free/open-source
software) being published in the September issue of the Business Monthly
(of Howard County, Maryland).

Stan Klein

>Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2002 08:17:22 -0400
>From: stanco <address@hidden>
>Subject: CPI/WorlBank Preliminary Agenda
>Sender: stanco <address@hidden>
>To: CPI/address@hidden
>
>Thank you for the submission to the CPI/World Bank/UN/GSA Conference in
>Washington, DC, October 16-18, 2002. The preliminary agenda is now posted at
>www.egovos.org. Please note that an extra day, Wednesday October 16, has
been
>added to the schedule to accommodate as many presenters as possible.
>
>The presenters for India, Brazil, Mexico, and some developing countries have
>not been finalized because of vacations at the World Bank and UN over the
last
>couple of weeks. We expect that decisions for these countries will be made
>soon in the coming days.
>
>Also, note that we are having another Open Source in Government Conference
>March 16-19, 2003 for the U.S. Federal, state and local governments. You are
>invited to resubmit your proposal when the call for presenters of that event
>opens in the coming weeks. Please regularly check www.egovos.org for updates.
>
>Again, thank you for taking the time to participate in the October
Conference.