Re: Zope?

From: Jorge . Lehner
Subject: Re: Zope?
Date: Sat, 18 May 2002 17:11:04 -0600

Hello!

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 09:44:46AM -0700, Todd Boyle wrote:
> My understanding is, that if Zope were the foundation of GNUE,
> it would not prevent or inhibit any of the higher goals of GNUE.
> In other words, that GNUE could be just as stable, secure,
> and well-performing using the "libraries" in Zope as with
> GNUE's native Python applications.

I'm applying FreePM on a comercial basis, it's a Zope-based Practice
Managment Tool.

It does not work the way it should - too much resources consumed, the
Object-Oriented Database is nice, but not always suficiently
efficient, until now, internationalizacion support is weak, the
"programming" language DTML/HTML leads you to weird accumulations of
program/format/text mixed source, etc.

That is, why I'm waiting (silently) for Gnue to come up with a
stronger and more generic framework for business programming.

Best Regards,

     Jorge-León

P.D.: I don't like HTML-Interfaces, please spare comments about this,
and I *do* like Zope a lot.  As stated by another person on the list -
for what it is.