Re: Confused on the install instruction.

From: Derek A. Neighbors
Subject: Re: Confused on the install instruction.
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2002 23:57:58 -0700

Hello,
I'm trying to install Common, but the instruction don't seem
to bee complete. I did the ./setup.py install. I change the file
sample.gnue.conf to gnue.conf and I changed sample.connections.conf
to connections.conf. Then the instruction stop. Should there be
more to the build process?

Nope that should be about it. You will need to edit connections.conf to have valid entries for you setup. I believe there is information in README on this or in the techref guide in forms.

If I just want to look at what is available do I need to set connection.conf to actually having good values?

If you want to just run forms w/o data, you need not have valid data in connections.conf. If you want to have data aware forms you will need to get a driver for your database if you dont have one and then edit connections.conf to reflect that.

There is form in samples/intro/intro.gfd that is non data aware you can test your forms installation with. Common is a library so to speak so doesnt do anything with out forms/designer. :)

-Derek