gnuastro-devel

[task #16341] Change the notation for surface brightness measurements

From: Raul Infante-Sainz
Subject: [task #16341] Change the notation for surface brightness measurements
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2023 04:45:15 -0500 (EST)

                 Privacy: Public
        Percent Complete: 0%
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any
                  Effort: 0.00

Follow-up Comments:

Date: Fri 03 Feb 2023 09:45:13 AM UTC By: Raul Infante-Sainz <infantesainz>
The measurements that are related to the surface brightness done by
MakeCatalog do not follow a good notation and the names are not clear at all.
In order to be consistent and more clear, I propose the following changes:

--surfacebrightness    to    --sb
--sberror    to    --sberr

In addition to that, because the error, 'err', of the measurements are
computed from the SKY_STD, it is confuse to use this name when considering the
sigma clipping operators. So, I would also change the following:

--sigclip-mean-sb-err    to    --sigclip-mean-sbscatter

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/task/?16341>

Message sent via Savannah
https://savannah.gnu.org/