Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: Turning GNU into a bottom-up organization
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2019 13:56:00 -0400

   > > > Debian renegaded on their goal of being a 100% free software system,
   > > > they now include non-free software.  That is the danger, and it is
   > > > very much real.
   > >
   > > And GNU comes with non-free documentation.  We are not going to reach
   > > agreement on these points any time soon.
   >
   > That is simply untrue, the GNU project doesn't distribute any non-free
   > documentation.

   Let's not argue again about it, that's not the time or place.

You are trying to suggest that we should codify the opinions of all
participants of the GNU project into a social contract, but here we
have participants that clearly do not agree with the GNU projects
stance on an issue.

This shows the error quite clearly in why having the community
deciding philosophical topics of the GNU project is a grave danger.