Re: Problem with GPLv3 FAQ about linking with Visual C++

From: Alexander Terekhov
Subject: Re: Problem with GPLv3 FAQ about linking with Visual C++
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:47:03 +0100

Hyman Rosen wrote:

> On 2/2/2010 5:29 PM, Alexander Terekhov wrote:
> > Did you post your objections to
> > rnimmer@uh.edu
> > in addition to gnu.misc.discuss so that he knows about them?
>
> Why? You misinterpret him, as you do everyone and everything
> else. I object to you.

Well, but you wrote:

"I don't know why Nimmer thinks this is double-speak"

in regards to

"In a stunning example of double-speak, the Preamble to the GPL
describes the reason for such provisions in the GPL in terms of
protecting the licensee's rights:

                To protect your rights, ...

While proponents refer to such restrictions as creating “free”
software, protecting rights, persons affected or potentially affected
by the terms tend to refer to the risk of “viral” license terms that
reach out to infect their own, separately developed software and of
improper market leverage and misuse of copyright to control the works
of other people."

http://www.ipinfoblog.com/archives/Open%20Source%20Legal%20Issues.pdf

Did you post your "I don't know why" objection to

rnimmer@uh.edu
(Raymond T. Nimmer
University of Houston - Law Center)

in addition to gnu.misc.discuss so that he knows about it?

regards,
alexander.

--
http://gng.z505.com/index.htm