Re: autoconf

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: autoconf
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 15:10:26 -0400

   Thanks.  There is no mention of mailing list in the --help message or
   the man page, and the mailing list listed on the Gnu site s a moderated
   list with no mention of a way to suscribe.

/home/a/ams $ autoconf --help|tail -n 1
Report bugs to <bug-autoconf@gnu.org>.

   I do have a autoconf puzzle though which I can't figure out.  I must be
   missing something or not understanding something.

When it comes to autoconf you should not try to solve it by solving
the problem, but by making it a different problem.  As Miles noted,
when doing exotic things, autoconf tends to be unforgiving, so one
should try to do exotic things without the pretty coctail umbrella...