Re: RMS - Cloud Computing is a trap/stupid

From: Alfred M. Szmidt
Subject: Re: RMS - Cloud Computing is a trap/stupid
Date: Wed, 01 Oct 2008 14:18:56 -0400

   "The computer industry is the only industry that is more fashion-driven
   than women's fashion"

   While not untrue, I would have prefered a non-sexist analogy :)

There is nothing sexist about it, it is simple a fact...  While the
same could be said about men's fashion, women's fashion is far more
fashion driven than men's fashion..

   More seriously, I feel that the adoption of these "cloud computing"
   softwares comes from the fact that these softwares, beeing well
   integrated and easily accessible, relieve the users from the need to set
   up and maintain their own softwares (I even know several otherwise geeky
   people who are using google apps for simplicity).

A smart man once said "I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences
attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree
of it. "  People give up their liberties here for a bit of
flexibility.