Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?

From: Rahul Dhesi
Subject: Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 19:09:41 +0000 (UTC)

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:

>Rjack <user@example.net> writes:

>> Rahul Dhesi wrote:

>>> Aren't you the guy that quoted the Seventh Circuit as if it's a
>>> fact-finding court?
>>>

>> I accurately quoted the Seventh Circuit's decision. The decision was
>> celebrated as a great victory for FOSS. Every FOSS supporter on the
>> planet simply loves to cite to Wallace v. IBM et. al. as a crown jewel
>> of legal support for FOSS. Are you anti-FOSS?

>Huh?  Which FOSS supporter would be that?  The general contention from
>the start was that Wallace was just a lunatic and the case utterly
>relevant.  If I remember correctly, it was finally thrown out of court
>because Wallace did not bother to state an actual case and/or explain
>how he would have standing.

Don't let Rjack sidetrack you. He revealed his ignorance of the legal
system when he quoted the seventh circuit as if it were a fact-finding
court. It's not. Only the lower courts do any fact-finding. And even
then, their factual determinations bind only the poeple involved in the
lawsuit, and nobody else. And even then, you have to read more than just
the tiny out-of-context fragment quoted by Rjack to get the full
meaning.

Now Rjack is trying to make divert attention away from his major gaffe.
--
Rahul
http://rahul.rahul.net/