Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?

From: amicus_curious
Subject: Re: Is the GPL all encompassing?
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 09:01:41 -0400

"Rahul Dhesi" <c.c.eiftj@XReXXIsXth.usenet.us.com> wrote in message news:gbbsnl$cqk$1@blue.rahul.net...

I think you are completely confused about what you want to say.
Sometimes you advocate the MIT license. Other times you seem to advocate
no license at all, i.e., public domain works.  And yet, the web sites
you mention do not provide public domain information -- I know Microsoft
does not.

Well, I am not completely confused, but you are not able to see the point apparently. First, I am not advocating any version of a licenses. Second, I am saying that the GPL has no utility because it is trying to protect against something that is not important. In doing that, it stifles what little benefit is really provided to software developers via open source.